Sunday, August 28, 2005

GETTING ON WITH IT...

The president today respected a grieving mother's right to speak out -- her right to ask questions -- and changed his schedule in order to meet with her. And, the "acting president," Martin Sheen, came all the way from NBC'S West Wing to do it. The Reverend Al Sharpton also joined Cindy Sheehan, President Sheen and hundreds of peace activists in an interfaith service at Camp Casey. It was a wonderful day in the cause of peace.

The other unelected president, George Bush, although just a stone's throw away from Sheehan who has been camped out against his fence for a month in a futile effort to get him to answer just one question, said gosh, he would like to meet with her too, except his presiden-shul schedule was too tight and he wasn't going to change it.

If Bush were slipped a truth pill, he would step up and say...

"I grieve 'n mourn for her and for ... er -- whatever her son's name is, and I want the 'Merican people to know that ... er -- whoever he is -- died for a cause...a noble cause. Man, the way that woman's acting, you'd think her boy was the only one to make the big sacrifice! I haven't checked with Rummy lately, but there's gotta be at least a hunnerd more who've paid the ultimate price -- if you know what I mean -- and their mamas aren't caterwauling at my gate. Like my friend El Rushbo says, that Sheehan woman needs to just suck it up, because we all lose things...

"But I have to get on with my life so, um, so I can have a balanced life... Did I mention that I am the president of the United States?"

It's Casey, Mr. President. The name you refuse to say is Casey Sheehan. That's why they call the place you refuse to visit "Camp Casey." So, get on with your life, but it will never be balanced. Hell, you can't even achieve balance on a bicycle. And may your god keep you safe from the hunnerds and hunnerds of anguished mothers who will soon be headed your way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home