Sunday, February 12, 2006

THE GREAT AMERICAN DITTOHEADS...

I try not to listen to Sean Hannity at all...ever. But I do a bit of cake decorating and, when I'm at the shop, since there's no TV nor computer, I listen to the radio. On Dec 16, 2005, I was too busy to walk across the room and switch channels so listened to both Rush Limbaugh and Hannity.

After just one day of this destructive nonsense, it dawned on me what is the matter with the right-wing flag-waving, bobble-headed troglodytes. How could anyone retain even a shred of his own identity or ability to think after six hours a day, five days a week of these two college drop-outs who demand total obedience -- or rather obeisance -- to their shrieking blather?

First little Donnie Rumsfeld called in to "chat" with El Rushbo and get the word out to the Dittoheads that the election in Iraq was a huge success and a benchmark for Democracy. Freedom spreading across the land. Purple fingers everywhere...

Then, to my astonishment, retired GEN Tommy Franks, former CENTCOM honcho and architect of the mass murder in Iraq, called in to 'chat' with Hannity! Conversation went like this:

Hannity: Sir, I'm so honored to talk to you. You are such a Great American...

Franks: No -- no, I just felt like calling you. YOU are the one who's the Great American. I want to thank you for all you do...

Hannity: Oh, no. You, sir -- YOU are the Great American... er, what do you think about the vote on the Patriot Act today? (Note: Senate voted earlier to extend Patriot Act for a few weeks instead of making it permanent, which had the wingers bent completely out of shape.)

Franks: I think it's terrible. If we choose to go the way of civil liberty to the exclusion of every form of practicality, we're in trouble. We need to balance our civil liberty with the praticality of being safe...Look -- the military doesn't want to be involved in torture, but the president needs to retain his right to use whatever he needs to in order to protect our country -- to keep us safe. If it becomes necessary, the president must waive whatever he feels like he must because we're in a time of crisis...

(blather, blather, blather)

Hannity: General Franks, I just can't thank you enough --

Franks: No, Sean, I can't thank YOU enough for keeping the truth alive.

Note...Tommy Franks gave an interview to Cigar Aficionado for the Dec 2003 issue wherein he said (hopefully) if we had another terrorist attack, we would be under martial law.

I used to think everything would ultimately be all right because there were more of us than there were of them. But when I consider the growing number of Great American Dittoheads, I'm not so sure...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home